Bellas Patchwork skirt

Friday, April 16, 2010

The mullet grows



Before




The Mullett


Trying to fix/hide the mullett

After the latest haircut
I had hoped it wouldn't happen but it did. Bella was left alone and found a pair of scissors. She did what most little girls would do and cut the hair she could reach, the top and the sides. She cut her hair in a mullett. As she surprised me with a hand full of hair and I burst into tears she started to realize what she had done. I got a grip and realized that she wasn't bledding and its just hair so fix it. That night I tried to even up her hair. The side were just too short so I told her to tuck it behind her ears until they grew, and have been gradually cutting it as the sides grow out to match the back. It has grown quickly and the lesson was learned by all. The biggest realization I had about it was how grown up my baby looks with shorter hair. That part has taken me awhile to get used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment